Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fun with Kenna

Kenna and I are dabbling in homeschool (using Sonlight's Language Arts curriculum and Miquon Math for now) and are having a blast, especially with the writing assignments. Because her physical writing skills cannot keep pace with her ability to compose, I've modified assignments so that instead of writing, she dictates and I type. Our assignment for today was to write a few lines of dialog and this is what Kenna came up with....

Make-believe said, “Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your hair.”
Rapunzel said, “I will not let down my hair because this is just a wig and if I let down my hair, I will be bald!”
Make-believe said, “Oh, then I will leave and I will see you tomorrow. Good-bye.”
Rapunzel said, “Just kidding. I said that because I did not want my hair to be pulled.”


Make-believe, she explained is "a guy who looks like person skin who has a lot of parts that doesn't really look like person skin." "He's just a robot."

She got to accompany me to our SAGA meeting Tuesday and had such a wonderful time. She told me on the way home that she wants to go every time. I told her that she couldn't go every time, but she could go sometimes to which she replied, "But Mama, they all like me!"

1 comment:

AdronsCatherine said...

ROFLMBO! Well, of COURSE we all like her!!! What's not to love - she is beautiful, sweet, funny, smart, and very well behaved!

I love her story :o)