Saturday, January 3, 2009

Riley's 1st Birthday!

Once October comes we just don't stop. Kenna's birthday is that month, and then Wesley's and Landon's in November, and then Riley in December...throw Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas in there and we don't catch our breath again until sometime in February! Wow, how this year has flown. We've gone from this little bitty baby....



...to this little guy in no time. It's still going to be a month or two before he walks, but he's very much a toddler now.



He loved his cake and tried very hard to blow out his "hot, hot" candle. Everything is "hot, hot" and needs to be blown on...food, candles, the oven, and anything that rings or beeps elicits a chorus of "hot, hot" "phhfff, phhfff." He has one other favorite all purpose word--nana means Nanna, banana, feed me, dinner, Kenna, and sometimes we aren't sure *what* it means. ;)




We enjoyed the big monkey cake...I'm glad I took a picture because it went fast!

2 comments:

AdronsCatherine said...

Wow! He's getting so big! Last time I saw him was back in June or July? Goodness - what a handsome little man :o) And I love that monkey cake - you are so creative!

Christa said...

Thanks, Catherine. He had to have a monkey cake because he's such a little monkey! (I copied the monkey face from some birthday catalog I got in the mail) ;)