Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sleeping cuties


During Chirstmas vacation at my mom's we had some really warm days. We spend most of our days at home cooped up inside (I desparately need to find a solution to that problem). We had run errands one morning and got home just in time for a nap and none of my kids wanted to go inside to go to sleep, so I brought out blankets and pillows and made pallets under the pecan tree. It took them forever to go to sleep, mostly because my mom's little dog kept playing with them (bringing sticks and being very interested in wherever they poked the ground) but they finally gave it up and drifted off. I sat in the swing and read a book. Riley slept next to Kenna for awhile, but he woke up too soon and slept in my arms for the rest of his nap.

1 comment:

AdronsCatherine said...

How fun! I think *I* would love to take naps under a tree =)

We stay inside all winter, too, or at least till we get a random "warm" day, or something that vaguely resembles snow... The kids were watching Ni Hao, Kai-lan recently, and I realized that the characters were playing outside - in the rain!!! I couldn't believe people would do that, then all of a sudden it hit me that kids in rainy places have to play outside sometime. Then I started contemplating the purchase of some raincoats and boots for the two littles lol!