Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter sewing

I had dreamed of sewing matching outfits for all three kids, but that just didn't happen. I decided a week ago that I'd only sew Kenna a dress since I was short on time, that didn't happen either. Thankfully, there's Williams Brothers store in Philadelphia (which my family has always just called Williamsville). They have dresses like I would make at a pretty reasonable price (there's no better place to buy shoes, by the way). I found this one and brought it home to monogram.

.

Had a scary moment when I had to rip out some stitches that went awry, but they came out okay and didn't "scar" the collar.

The last of my smocked Easter eggs. Well, I may do one more, but I'm a little tired of them. ;-)

A couple of swimsuit coverups I embroidered in lime green. It's hard to see though, guess you can have too much light.

I'm also nearly finished with a baby gown and dress and bonnet. They just need to be hemmed and the gown needs a little embellishment. I'm having trouble with the hem on the slightly A-line gown, so I pulled out what I have done and am going to try again. Hopefully will have them done early next week.

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: