Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Yellow baby dress

I've been working on my PhD! (project half done)



I've completed one of my many UFOs (unfinished objects), a little yellow baby dress that I probably began nearly two years ago.

I'm not sure why I cut fitted sleeves for the dress, but I wanted get it finished as quickly as possible, so I used what I had cut. Who knows what I had originally intended.
Close up of tucks and embroidery.
We are going to gift this to friends that had a baby girl in January. I wasn't sure it would fit, so I tried it on Riley. The fit was actually okay, and I could even almost close it at the neck. So I'm sure it will fit a 3-4 month old just fine.

2 comments:

AdronsCatherine said...

So pretty! I really love the fitted sleeves - feminine, but not fussy :o)

Can't wait to see you!!!!

Jennifer said...

Lovely yellow dress for baby girls!! It looks so comfortable for summer days!!