Tuesday, April 28, 2009

For Eden



I should really be ashamed that it has taken me this long to make a dress for this sweet baby. I intended to do one for her when she was born (I think I actually meant for that yellow baby dress to be hers, but she's long since outgrown one that size) and then I got to meet her in person at her uncle's wedding and I was going to get it done then. And then I thought, well, I'll just do one for her 1st birthday and I somehow missed that and decided I'd just get it done and send it for Easter, well that came and went too.



But, I've finally finished it! This is actually an inherited UFO...a friend of mine did the smocking on the dress and bonnet, but never got as far as cutting out the dress. I cut out the dress a couple of years ago and never quite got around to finishing it. I have another smocked piece in the same fabric with coordinating smocking that's big enough for Kenna, if I ever get around to constructing it.




Now, I only need to find Ashley's address (if you are reading, email it to me!) and it'll be on it's way. I'm pretty sure it will fit...Riley was cooperative enough to put it on so I could gauge the hem. I didn't go as far as photographing him in it, but he sure looks adorable in a pink bonnet. ;-)

1 comment:

ashley.and.graham said...

Oh, Christa, it's beautiful! You are too sweet. I can't wait to see Eden in something made especially for her. I think Mama Sally would be very proud. Just send me an e-mail to ajb at lsu.edu and I'll send you our address.
Thank you, thank you!
tell everyone hello for me,
ashley