Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Copied from the Borderland

I thought this was neat, so I'm doing it too.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. Especially fond of the recycled gift bags that my mom and I pass back and forth year after year. She ended up with all of them last year because I had a new baby was too busy to store bags, so I had to buy some new ones.

2. Real tree or artificial? Currently, no tree. But the one in the attic is artificial.

3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving. I aim for the day after, but usually miss. I'm apparently skipping the tree this year.

4. When do you take down the tree? If my sister is around it comes down the day after Christmas. :)

5. Do you like eggnog? Boiled custard is better.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A dollhouse my parents made.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My father-in-law. If it's something he needs or wants, he buys it for himself and he's not into stuff he doesn't need or want.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My five year old daughter.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, we have several and most are child friendly and out all year for them to play with.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Just finished 50 today. They'll go out in the mail tomorrow, hopefully.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Underoos 2 sizes too small when I was about 12.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually after Thanksgiving (but not on Black Friday).

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas gift? Nope.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmastime? My mom's chicken gumbo.

16. Lights on the tree? Definitely.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? "Do You Hear What I Hear" and "What Child is This"

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel, but I consider it going home.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yup.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Either. Though I think we have a star (in the attic).

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? In the morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Christmas stuff out before Halloween.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love ornaments from Hallmark.

24. Favorite for Christmas Dessert? My mom's cheesecake.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Black leather gloves (no, really).

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? *shrug*

27. Favorite Holiday Tradition? Christmas Eve communion services.

No comments: