Friday, December 12, 2008

Finishing UFOs



So I decided sometime yesterday that the kids needed festive clothes for the clergy Christmas party and I should finish the Christmas outifits I started for Kenna and Landon last year while I was "great with child." Apparently I'm a really terrible seamstress when I'm that pregnant. Kenna's jumper had the yoke attached to the skirt, but I hadn't traced or cut the armholes first (oops) and the jon jon was a real mess. The leg fabric and lining weren't the same length or straight. I ripped and repaired as best I could and they turned out all right, even if the bottom is a little crooked and odd (I was afraid to cut anything) Riley got the jon jon since Landon had long outgrown a size 2 Jeffrey, and Landon wore a sweater vest that is supposed to be Riley's (it isapparently big for an 18 mo size). Because I was working with serious time constraints (i.e. hemming less than a hour before we had to leave) there were some unavoidable "flaws." Kenna's jumper only has three buttons instead of four (but the collar covered them anyway) and I didn't stitch down the lining. Riley's has two buttons of one kind on one side and two of another on the other shoulder.
It is difficult to take a good photo of all 3 of them together and you can't really see the dress, but I'll take another one when I get it really finished. :)

Now own the the christening ensemble (which hopefully won't come down to the wire like everything else!)

Sittin' on a guitar making phone calls (he's either calling Nanna or China!)

Vacuuming while holding the baby is possible, but it makes it more work (especially when he's so fascinated with the vacuum from that angle that he keeps leaning out of the sling).

No comments: