Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kenna quips

Kenna has been on a roll today. These are some of the things she's said (I must write them down so I don't forget).

We were talking about Santa and how some people pretend that he is real and that when I was little my mom bought presents and put them under the tree for me and we pretended they were from Santa. She looked at me and said, "Nana lied."

I was embroidering towels in blue and she wanted me to do a pink one. I told her I couldn't do pink because my aunt's kitchen wasn't pink. She said, "When I get a house it's going to be pink, pink, pink." Then she told me I could come visit her anytime and even sleep over. I asked if I could live with her and she said, "No, because the middle biscuit is mine." (The middle biscuit has been "mine" since I was her age...no one else ever wanted it anyway because it doen't have a crusty edge...but Kenna always wants it).

She got a thank-you note in the mail and turned it over on the back and read, "Made in China" and asked me if everything was made in China.

A few weeks ago she saw a school bus at a stop light and read "Mississippi School for the Blind and Deaf" on the side. She looked at her dad and said, "They let them drive?"

After having her photo made with Santa tonight, she sat down to write him a letter (they had a table set up in the store). This is what she wrote...

Dear Santa,

I love the photo. I want to get another picture next year.

Kenna

I really wanted to keep it forever, but let her fold it up and put it in the mailbox. :)

No comments: